1. Kade loves him some wheels. When riding outside, he switches from skateboard, to bike, to roller skates to scooter. Hey mom he says today, "I need a new board." Hoping to get a way smaller board that is more his size for his upcoming birthday.
3. I whipped up some flag garland for the playroom/school room. I still need to finish the other windows. When I asked Steve what he thought. He said, "We aren't selling used cars." Um yeah, whatever. I like how they turned out. I'm no pro, but my sister Candace is. Check out her etsy shop HERE
5. Look who learned how to tie his shoes. It takes a really long time, but he is a determined, independent fella and hardly ever asks for help. He was so proud he made it into the expert shoe tying club at kindergarten.
6. The weather has been so nice. Our tree out front surprises us each spring with pretty flowers.
7. Preschool is winding down. We are taking a field trip to Redrock tomorrow.
Should be fun.
This has been a great year with a good bunch of kids.
8. This little trike made it on one of our family bike rides minus dad (he was working). I thought for sure we could convince Brandon to ditch the trike and ride in the trailer. He was a trooper. The older kids were quite annoyed. He was slowing everyone down. So is the cycle. Same thing happened when Kade was his age. I guess it's time for a real bike with training wheels.
9. PS Lauren was coughing up a lung in that picture.
10. According to Brandon, "Lauren and Kyle know everything!"
Brandon says, "Mom, we eat baby chicks when we have eggs."
Me, "Um, no we don't"
"Yes, Mom the yellow part is the chick."
Me: "You mean the yolk."
"No sir it's not, who told you that?"
"It's not? Lauren."
Later I asked Lauren. She really believed that. I set her straight, letting her know the eggs have to be fertilized in order to grow a chick.
Kade came home that day to tell us that the yolk in the egg is food for the baby chick.
Who told you that?
"Oh." says Lauren.